Thursday 17 May 2012

Outstanding Ottawa


Apart from Canada’s capital and few sports teams, I didn’t know a great deal about Ottawa. When I thought about visiting Canada, cities like Vancouver, Toronto, Banff and Montreal struck my mind and Ottawa was the last destination in my list. 

I visited Canada and started with Toronto and Vancouver. I thoroughly enjoyed the stress-free train ride while seeing fabulous countryside views of Canada. The Wi-Fi facilities in trains were also exceptional.

Pulling into Ottawa, I wasn’t greatly enthusiastic but the city certainly gave me a pleasant shock. The picture-perfect Parliament Hill anchoring downtown core looks amazing. The small and cozy Rideau Canal crossing the city features amazing shades of reds and oranges and looks absolutely fabulous. I also enjoyed biking along the trails of placid Ottawa River.

After some outdoor hunting, I headed to the Canadian Museum of Civilization. The weapons and tools from Prehistoric era and 16th-century New France speak volumes about greatness of past civilizations. 

After sightseeing, it was time for some appetizing food and shopping. I headed to Byward Market which has close to 100 eateries. I ordered some seafood and also tried beaver tail. 

Since my visa was expiring, so I had to leave Ottawa very soon. I look forward to make amends on my next trip to this vivid city called Ottawa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Digital Marketing and web analytics Classes - Call at 9899403900

Address-B4-28/29 Second Floor Rohini Sec-7 Delhi 110085 Contact No : 011-45526582 09671646204 07529966252

Book Cheap Tickets